The 7 steps of our Design-Build method have been proven effective and offer several benefits over traditional construction styles through enhanced communication, accountability, single-source solution and value based project feedback.
Platinum Design Build Co. has created a 7-step process for bringing your ideas, needs and desires for your new home to reality.
Assessment of Design Needs and Desires
1. The first step is to meet with you to formulate a detailed program which defines your needs and objectives by considering function, character and the image of you in your new home. We will also establish the budget and a rough schedule.
2. This is the brainstorming phase. It begins with concept diagrams and rough sketches to determine the general layout, form and overall appearance of your home project. A design contract is prepared in advance for your convenience.
3. We will now refine the project from the concept to include feature elements and drawings with technical details are prepared. Carpenters and subcontractors will become familiar with your project during this step.
4. Your home project is translated into the technical language of the contractor through working drawings (blueprints) and the materials for the project are detailed. You will also be making all of your selections in plumbing, lighting and finish materials.
5. This step consists of distribution of final drawings and specifications to our subcontractors for bidding and questions. This is when we prepare a refined schedule and construction contract.
6. During this step, our production department will work with you to make sure you understand the process of construction and your home project begins to emerge as something more than concept.
Warranty and Continuing Care
7. After your home project is complete we may need to come back to make final adjustments and to make sure everything is in working order and that the project has met and exceeded your expectations. Our goal is to build a relationship with you and your family that will last a lifetime.
But what’s that all mean to you?
It means we will be in and out of your home on time and within budget. So if you are ready to dump the good old boys’ network and get down to some serious girl talk over your ideas, call me or email me now to schedule an appointment!
Comments or questions are welcome.