What the heck is a Living Room anyway? Don’t we live in all of our rooms? And Formal Dining….who can spare the space? For years we were hung up on labeling rooms; living rooms, dining rooms, family rooms…you get it
The only rooms without question are the kitchen and the bathroom. Everything else is up for interpretation.
The modern home is being designed with flex space. Rooms that are designed for your lifestyle.
Some of the more popular uses are:
- Music rooms made out of old living room
- In law suites from any combined spaces
- His/her home office that can double back to dining rooms
- Craft rooms that can become guest rooms
- Mom rooms – ok I made that one up
That’s just to name a few, but again it’s really up to you.
There are a few rules:
- Don’t do anything that cant’s be undone- for re-sale
- Consider adjoining rooms….. just for convenience and privacy
- Respect the entrance – put up French doors or at least a screen
Other than that go for it!
Ditch the couch and coffee table! Opt for two round tables in your dining space instead of a large banquet table.
Hey it’s your place! Live in all your rooms.
Till next time.. Virginia
BTW, which room could you live without? What would you switch it to?