Lately kitchen designs place the Microwave in several interesting places:
- Under the countertop – Well, I have to admit this is my second least favorite. Unless you’re 3 years old or 3 feet tall it’s almost impossible to see the display and you have to bend over to put stuff in and take hot stuff out.
- In a drawer – This is a good option if your microwave has the displays on the top of the drawer. ( Not like the one shown here)
- In the wall –My favorite place. If done correctly it looks like a double oven application. Very elegant. I like to do a GE Advantium It’s a Microwave and a Speed cooker. Best of both worlds
- Over the stove – this is the most predictable spot and my least favorite. Sometimes it has to be because of true space limitations but often through the right space planning this can be avoided.
- In a cupboard or appliance garage – In some ways this doesn’t really save you much counter space; you’re still leaving the microwave on the countertop, but you’re closing it away behind a door, as seen here.
- On a shelf –I prefer it on a shelf than over the stove, like here Steve has his on an open shelf. If you can’t build it into a cabinet this is an acceptable option
I also found some of the most interesting thing you can do with a microwave I thought I would share with you.
I got these great tips from a website called The Kitchen. Thanks to the fine folks there!